Wednesday 16 December 2009

Matt Fraction on Thor!


Matt Fraction has been announced as the new writer for the Thor ongoing series next year.
Here's what he had to say about it:

MF: I’m most excited about getting off of Earth. There are nine worlds in the Norse cosmology, sort of, and lately the book has been spending a lot of time here in Midgard sweet Midgard. I want to take these amazing people, these characters that are so known and loved (at least amongst the pages of THOR), and take ‘em up and down the world tree. And beyond! Hell, why stop at just our world tree? I’ve said too much.

This is great new in my opinion. This is exactly the sort of direction this book should be taking, exploring Thor's world just like Fraction did with the Immortal Iron Fist book and his brilliant Thor mini series Ages of Thunder. If you haven't read Ages of Thunder I suggest finding them as they are not only fantastic reads but will be a great indication for Thor fans of where Fraction intends to take this book. Another book added to my list...DAMN YOU MARVEL!

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you, this sounds really cool. Marvel might be working its way towards readability once again!

    I think I'm going to try and find those issues when I go home over Christmas break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I think I may have to search out the Ages of Thunder mini. I've never really been a huge Thor guy, but most of Fraction's work is damn good, so I might just give Thor another look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fraction is good i just hope marvel will make him write Iron Fist again

    ReplyDelete