Wednesday 2 September 2009

Astonishing X-Men - The Motion Comic: Trailer


In my opinion and a large amount of X-fans, one of the best X-Men comics in recent history is without a doubt Astonishing X-Men by Joss Whedon (Buffy: The Vampire Slayer) and renowned artist John Cassaday (Planetary).

Their fantastic run lasted for 25 issues and Marvel recently announced that the first chapter (Gifted) will be Marvel’s newest motion comic (available October 28 on iTunes). And best of all you can get a first look at the trailer right now by clicking the below link.

Personally I think it looks pretty awesome. I haven’t checked out Marvel’s first motion comic; Spider-Woman yet, but plan on doing so very shortly. If any of you guys have seen it, please let me know how it is.

So how do you guys think this X-Men motion picture looks? Will you be buying/ watching them, or sticking to the comics?

2 comments:

  1. Nah, I'll have to take a pass on this one.

    So you really liked the Whedon/Cassaday run on Astonishing? I remember being totally blown away by the first few issues, but all of those delays really hurt my enjoyment of their run. I'd take Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men over Joss' Astonishing run any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised X-Man, id thought you wouldve loved that run.
    I understand the delay situation totally, and for that reason I read it in trades so I think that helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete