Tuesday 25 August 2009

Hex’s Pull List – 26/08/2009


DC
Batman and Robin #3
Batman Widening Gyre #1
Detective Comics #856
Green Lantern #45
Justice Society of America #30
Red Circle The Shield #1
Superman #691
Supermans Pal Jimmy Olsen Special #2
Wednesday Comics #8

MARVEL
Dark Avengers #8
Dark X-Men The Beginning #3
Deadpool #14
Incredible Hulk #601
New Avengers #56
Secret Warriors #7
Wolverine Origins #39
X-Force #18
X-Men Forever #6

18 FUCKING BOOKS! FUCK ME!

Man that is a lot of comics, I was worried about how I could afford to buy all them books but I just found out I’m being paid this Friday, instead of the usual end of the month as next Monday is a Bank Holiday here in England. So basically this means I should have enough money this week to see me through to pay day and to pick up all the comics I want. But damn, maybe I should start cutting back…..nah, fuck that!

I’m really looking forward to Batman & Robin 3, seems like a long time since the last issue. Batman the Widening Gyre is a maybe for me. I loved Kevin Smith work on Green Arrow but his last Batman mini-series wasn’t that great, so maybe I’ll check the reviews on that and get it next week. Superman #691 will have the last chapter of Codename: Patriot, so I look forward to seeing if and how that will shake up Superman’s world. Finally I’m looking forward to Greg Pak back on Incredible Hulk along with one of my fav artists right now Ariel Olivetti, who I think was born to draw that book. Let’s hope it meets my expectations.

What are you guys picking up?

4 comments:

  1. Batman and Robin #3
    Deadpool #14
    Detective #856
    Fantastic 4 #570
    Gantz Vol 6
    Gotham Ciy Sirens #3
    Green Lantern #45
    New Mutants #4
    Secret Warriors #7
    Superman #691
    Wonder Woman #35

    It's not 18 books but it's bad enough for me.

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn man, 18 books? Hmm, let's see if I can top that:

    Batman and Robin #3
    Blackest Night Titans #1
    Flash Rebirth #4
    Green Lantern #45
    Justice Society #30
    Superman #691
    Teen Titans #74
    Jimmy Olson Special #2
    Wednesday Comics #8
    Wonder Woman #35
    Avengers The Initiative #27
    Dark Avengers #8
    Dark Wolverine #77
    Dark X-Men Beginnings #3
    Guardians of the Galaxy #17
    New Avengers #56
    New Mutants #4
    Nova #28
    Runaways #13
    Wolverine Origins #39

    Wow, 20 books for me this week! A couple of really interesting books this week(Blackest Night Titans #1, GL #45, JSA #30, Nova #28)along with some really sucky ones(New Avengers #56, New Mutants #4). Hopefully the good will outweigh the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well seems its a big week for all of us then, this is when you really feel the $1 rise on those books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, you can say that again!

    ReplyDelete