Saturday 22 August 2009

This week I've been mostly listening to.... Lady Luck by Richard Swift

So a couple of weeks ago I'm getting driven home by my girlfriend after a night out (yeah I'm a 25 year old who cant drive), and it's late and I've had a few drinks and I'm slowly falling in and out of sleep and then this song comes on the radio, and I hear this bass plodding along that just grabs and in my haziness it's really quite, haunting and beautiful and suits the mood I was in perfectly, like a trippy come down song, with some beautiful piano and this guy who was singing in this really high voice, that just sounded other worldly (maybe there is some female vox in there too). I managed to catch the title; Lady Luck, but not who the record was by. However the next day I tracked it down on youtube and I've been playing it a lot this week so I thought I'd share it with you guys. Hope you like it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That is a great song. Thanks for putting that up here. Great story too.

    Have you gotten a chance to listen to anymore of the Silversun Pickups?

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool man, no probs I'm glad you like it.

    Yeah I 've been listening to Lazy eye a lot, I love that song, I'd nevr seen the video before you posted it and it's quite a charming little lo fi thing. I've also been listening to their song "well thought out twinkles" which is another tune I really liked by them off one of their albums. I know I've got an album somewhere but I couldnt find it this weekend. Hopefully it will turn up (in another cd case usually) as I'm dying to hear more now.

    ReplyDelete