Wednesday 3 June 2009

Paul Cornel Interview @ CBR

Here’s an interesting snippet for you Cap Britain fans on the books cancelation:

Q. Do you have any opinion about why “Captain Britain and MI13” didn’t do as well as other books? As an American living in the UK, I loved seeing British heroes and learning more about the Marvel UK.

A. ‘Well, Marvel put loads of effort behind it, and I got all the support I could wish for. I just think that, in the end, there are certain characters that won't sell well enough in the States. In the UK we were doing very well, but those numbers don't get added into the Diamond sales figures.’

I find that interesting that sales from the UK don’t get added to the Diamond sales figures, I didn’t realize that. Was I being totally naïve, and does that mean that sales from the rest of the world don’t get added either? Please let me know if you have the answer. The interview also talks about the new Dark Young Avengers series. I didn’t pick this up. Did any of you guys, was it any good?

Full interview here - http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=21439

2 comments:

  1. Diamond sales figures are US only - though I'm probably right in saying that outside the US, the UK sales are the biggest and even they won't account for a substantial jump in any title's fortunes, even one so heavily weighted towards the UK readership.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

    ReplyDelete