Thursday 11 June 2009

The return of Ben Reilly?????

David Pepose over at Newsarama picked up something interesting in a recent Marc Guggenheim interview. Could Ben Reilly aka The Scarlet Spider be returning?? Born out of the infamous Spider-Man Clone Saga that was universally hated, Ben Reilly is a messed up clone of Peter Parker with a better costume who stood in for Peter on the books for a while. Now I never read Spider-Man at that time and maybe if I did I wouldn’t say this…….. but I kind of like the idea of him coming back and pissing off a load of Spider-Man fans who would rather forget the character ever existed. It amuses me in my sad little way, plus if Guggenheim is writing the character he could be cool, you never know.

What do you guys think? Anyone read the Clone Saga?

Link here - http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/06/11/is-the-scarlet-spider-making-his-triumphant-return/

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I'd love to see Ben come back. I was one of the VERY few who liked the Clone Saga back in the day(then again I was younger and dumber)and was always kind of pissed about the lousy treatment Ben received. Bringing Ben back might even get me to read the Amazing Spider-Man comic again. After that nonsense with One More Day/Brand New Day I stopped reading Spidey's comic. Erasing 15 years of Spidey history to make him a bachelor again... Madness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's about time they brought Ben Reilly back because he was like a brother to Peter.
    I don't think the fans really had a problem with the character until Marvel stupidly set him up to be Peter's replacement and to make matters worse, they made him go out like a pussy against Norman Osborn in order to appease the angry fanbase. Well as long as they don't set him up to be Peter's replacement again and don't have Norman Osborn kill him off another time, I can say that I would like to see where this heads.
    Like I said, it's about time they brought him back and hopefully they'll bring back baby May as well.

    ReplyDelete